Thursday, May 21, 2015

Weeks 2 & 3

What a crazy few weeks it's been! I've attended 3 births, taught a childbirth class, started a new certification for birth workers, and spent more time at the soccer fields than anyone should ever need to. Keeping up with 8 Weeks to Wellness has been hard at times--but I'm doing it!! 

At the two week mark, I was down 9 pounds. At the three week mark, I was down 9 pounds. I attribute this to a crazy birth week where I wasn't able to sleep overnight. This is pretty hard on my body, and I tend to overeat during those times just to stay awake. This time I made sure to have two servings of UltraMeal with me and my blender bottle. Instead of filling my water bottle with Iced Tea (or diet soda--gasp!), I stuck to crushed ice water. I had to really plan ahead to be sure I had lots of veggies with me. I also packed some turkey sticks and cheese sticks in case I didn't get a chance to eat. 

I went back in this blog's archives to find that I didn't lose any weight after the third week either. That was helpful to know. I checked in with my mom and she reported the same thing--staying steady at Week 3. 

What I've Been Eating

  • Cottage Cheese with sunflower seeds
  • Large tomatoes, cherry tomatoes, yellow tomatoes--so many tomatoes. 
  • Rockin' Moroccan Chicken from Everyday Paleo--quick, easy, and a balanced meal in one pan! 
  • Salads from Palmer's Deli: Small Spinner with veggies, grilled chicken, and fat free dressing. 
  • Chipotle: Bowl with Grilled Chicken, a few beans, salsa, lettuce, cheese
This is the one I did this week.
How I've Been Exercising
  • Running 30 seconds, sprinting 20 seconds, walking 30 seconds (or any variable of time using these three activities)
  • My parents' elliptical: Interval Program + Muscle Endurance Booster = Good workout!
  • Crossfit at Home: Search for 20 Minute AMRAP. I add a rest break between each set so that my heart rate has variability during the workout. 
New Goals
  • Meditate, Meditate, Meditate. I LOVE this and still don't get it in every day. Ugh! 
  • Increase water and more LOW GI veggies during each meal. I think these are the key to my weight loss. 
  • Stay awake for an entire massage. Hold on--I'm fine with snoozing on the table! 

No comments:

Post a Comment