Saturday, May 14, 2011

200 Pies and A Hissing Goose

Well, after posting that I didn't lose any weight this past week, I decided to weigh-in again on Friday. I was down another 3lbs like I thought I should be. SO...the new total is 14 pounds of fat GONE!


I've been working on an event in Des Moines called Penny's Pieathlon. We are raising money for local cancer organizations and national foundations, too. Today was the big triathlon and health expo. To make our event more exciting, we decided that a PIEathlon needed a fourth event--pie eating.

Our local grocery store, Hy-Vee, donated 20 gallons of ice cream and 200 pies. It was my job to cut, scoop, and serve all of them to the participants and spectators. We raised a lot of money this way, but the hardest part was not eating any of it. :)

I left the house at 5:30am and returned home to make my father-in-law a birthday cake. His request was a chocolate cake with white frosting. I made the cake from scratch, didn't even lick the beaters, and decided to purchase the frosting from Hy-Vee instead. It is my free day, but I decided that Subway sounded pretty good and not too terribly bad for me. Not that a 6-inch loaf of bread is ever healthy, but better than pie, cake, and ice cream.
SOOOO...I am pretty excited that I dug up some will power deep within the depths of my brain and even managed to run, jog, trot a couple of miles. Oh, and I got chased by a mother goose who hissed at me so much I had to turn around and run back up the hill I just ran down. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment