Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Are Hospitals Healthy?

I've been spending a lot of time in one of our local hospitals recently.  This has got me thinking about health care in America.

It seems interesting to me that the place whose primary goal is to return people to health is so backwards on healthy living. For example, if someone is on a restricted carbohydrate diet, they must order off a low carb menu. I know what you're thinking--gross. You are probably imagining meat and bland veggies--wrong. This menu includes pancakes with syrup and macaroni and cheese. Not very "low carb"!! And while I am talking about healthy hospitals, we even have one that has a McDONALD's in it!! 

Today is my massage day and I couldn't be more excited. Our Licensed Massage Therapist, Vanessa, is the perfect type of massage therapist for me. She is equal parts of relaxing and getting the tension out. Last week I am pretty sure that I fell asleep and started snoring. She said that I didn't snore, but she had a really big smile as she said it. Either way, I am looking forward to my massage tonight!

One last thought: Yesterday my goddaughter, who is 4, came into the office to get adjusted. She was watching me workout at 3:30. When her mom tried to call me later at 6:00, she said "Mom--you can't call Katie. She's doing her workout." Most of the time our workouts go really fast, but sometimes it seems like I am doing bicep curls on the Bosu Ball for hours like my goddaughter thought!

No comments:

Post a Comment