Wednesday, April 27, 2011

What to Eat

One of the things that has been beneficial to me in the recent days is meal planning "on the spot". I know that isn't what is suggested, but I've found that if I have a kitchen full of healthy choices, it's pretty easy to put a meal for myself together. (Feeding the men in this house is another story!)

My secret: I base my meal around whatever sounds best at the time. (As long as it is 8WW approved.) For example, we got some awesome strawberries this week so I started with those in mind knowing they would be a majority of my carb allotment for the meal. Then I picked the protein and finally made sure that the fat was in the meal somewhere. Putting fat into a meal isn't very hard for me!

So, for "strawberry" craving, my meal consisted of strawberries, grilled chicken, green beans, and a few peas. It was a satisfying meal that kept me full for quite awhile. 

I've also been craving something sweet for breakfast. I found some cinnamon raisin english muffins at Trader Joe's which have been great with a VERY little smear of butter. Throw in an egg or cheese stick and I'm set for the morning. I also like the Steelcut Oatmeal with Brown Sugar in the Trader Joe's freezer section. They claim there is brown sugar in it but I am not sure. It's very yummy though and I haven't been able to eat an entire serving yet. It's very filling.

Finding what sounds good at the time has been a good way for me to feel healthy and satisfied at the same time. It's also why I don't keep chocolate chip cookies in the house, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment