Saturday, April 23, 2011

Week 3 Blues

I've been told by quite a few 8WW alumni that it is normal to feel a little defeated in Week 3. The scale didn't show any weight loss this week and I am finding it harder each day to use motivation to turn down yummy food (like birthday cake--again). Tomorrow, Sunday, is my free day and I'm looking forward to some good food but I also know that two Easter meals will be very hard to eat just a little of the foods that aren't so healthy for me. I keep thinking that I feel thinner and that is my motivation for now.

I went jogging today and that felt good. This is the first time in my life that I am enjoying running. I was also losing motivation to actually leave the house to exercise as my muscles are just plain tired and achy. Today I ran 45 seconds longer than yesterday. We live in a very hilly neighborhood so it's pretty easy to increase/decrease my heart rate as needed. Wes also told me that I should stop and do push ups or sit ups when my heart rate gets low. Ummm...no. I am already beeping by our neighbors and I don't want them to have another reason to stop and stare! 

I ditched my cardio canine companion yesterday and today. He seemed pretty comfy in his dog-sofa so I let him be. Wish me luck to find some inner-motivation during Easter Eating (or passing the casseroles on past me) tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment