Monday, April 4, 2011

First Day Thoughts

The first day of 8 Weeks to Wellness was pretty good! I think the best part was my lunch. I haven't had fish in a really long time due to pregnancy and breastfeeding, so it was a great way to start the program. (Ask me 8 weeks if I still like fish. Ha!) For lunch, I combined a packet of white albacore tuna with chopped tomato and DILL pickle relish. Don't use sweet pickle relish as it is sweetened with sugar! I had some green beans and a cheese stick on the side (which I had to share with Will).
My Happy Breakfast

I made sausage egg muffins from the manual and they were really quite good. I left out the veggies and cheese but ate a tomato on the side.  I am so glad I like tomatoes!  Don't use the paper liners as it suggests. I think I lost half of the muffin to the wrapper and that is saddening. I also think I used a lot less meat than I was supposed to. I made 12 muffins instead of 6 large ones so I ate two. In the eyes of Ben (who's 4), I actually ate more since there were two. What ever works! 

As far as the Ultrameal Shakes go...the verdict is still out. The 2nd one was much better than the first, but I definitely have some tweaking to do. I am drinking the chocolate whey kind. 


1 comment:

  1. GOOD LUCK, KATIE! Congratulations on a successful first day!

    ReplyDelete