Thursday, April 14, 2011

Carpet Cleaner and Chiropractic

Many people are surprised to find out that I don't use Wes as my primary chiropractor. I tried really hard to be a good patient, but it is my own fault that I'm not. I think I like to "critique" his adjustments too much, which is just plain ridiculous since I don't know much about the art of adjusting. 

Wes and I see the necessity of keeping our nervous systems healthy as the foundation of wellness living. I know that my successes in Week 1 were based on my healthy nervous system working at it's peak performance. To do this, we both go to Dr. Lance (or Dr. Yance as Ben calls him). 

I look forward to my visits with Dr. Lance for many reasons. First and foremost, I like knowing how my nervous system and spine are working or if I have interference for some reason. I believe the last time I was really out of alignment wasn't because I rolled out of bed the wrong way or got in to a car accident, but because I had used carpet cleaner that really irritated my nostrils and the rest of my body. The toxic smells really bothered me and that led to my need for an adjustment. Secondly, I am always inspired to live healthier when I am around Dr. Lance. I love that chiropractors like to educate their patients and not just "treat" the patient quickly and Dr. Lance does this so well.

I think the best part of chiropractic as part of the 8 Weeks to Wellness program is that participants are enabling their bodies to allow the healthy changes to occur. AND if they are suffering from some kind of pain or prior condition, Dr. Wes and Amy work very hard to adjust that area and make modifications in the gym. It's a win-win for you mentally & physically!

No comments:

Post a Comment