Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Cadio Companion

Today's biggest challenge was motivating myself to do 20-30 minutes of cardio. I purposely got dressed in my workout clothes so I would be more likely to get the exercising done for the day. It was a beautiful Iowa day with a pretty strong breeze, so it made sense for me to take our dog for a walk/jog.

Our 110 pound labradoodle, Barkley, has three speeds--Fast, Faster, and Off. Today's cardio consisted of Barkley walking so fast that I was practically jogging followed by me jogging and Barkley taking off in a sprint. We had to look silly because we didn't have any sort of pace for awhile. Combine that with his two favorite sports of worm hunting and goose chasing, and we had quite a workout!

Barkley After Swimming in the Pond Last Fall

Barkley's OFF Speed


Today's Highlights
  • Accomplishing my workout!
  • Not having to cook dinner (Panchero's salad with lettuce, grilled chicken, a little cheese, and salsa=YUM!)
  • The Best--My ONE HOUR MASSAGE with Vanessa! I feel so relaxed! This is by far my favorite part of 8WW!
Today's Not as Great Highlights
  • I am craving fruit. Actually, craving is an understatement. Our organic delivery brought the best looking apples, pears, bananas, and raspberries this week. (I snuck the raspberries into the freezer for next week, though!)
  • I am getting pretty tired. I feel like I am losing energy but I've been told this will come back soon.

3 comments:

  1. Hey, I am curious what organic delivery service you use?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kasey--we use Prudent Produce and LOVE IT!! Check it out at www.buyiowaorganics.com and Tell Angie we sent you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks! i will def. check their site out!

    ReplyDelete