Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Week 1 Weigh In

I apologize for not getting this posted yesterday. I spent last evening doing my other passion, which was being a Doula for a fantastic mom-to-be. 

Ok...Week 1 was officially done and I had my weigh in at the office yesterday. While I don't necessarily have a weight loss goal and my main goal is to lose body fat and inches, my weight is definitely an indicator of both right now. 

In Week 1, I lost SEVEN (7!) pounds and I am thrilled! I am now down to Will's pre-baby weight. I know this week won't be as dramatic since I am eating a more balanced diet, but I  am still hoping to lose 1-2 pounds a week for the remainder of the program.
Week 2 is going great so far. I enjoyed some strawberries for dinner, Kashi Go Lean for breakfast, and a quick bite of a banana at breakfast (along with other things). It's so nice to be able to eat the foods my family is eating as well. It was hard to cook and prepare dinners last week where my guys got to eat something, and I had to say no.  In addition to eating a better variety of foods, my workouts with Amy got tougher as well. I know they are getting more challenging when I can no longer sing along to the music in the gym. I'm secretly wondering if that's how she knows to push me harder, or if that's her way of getting me to stop singing out loud!

I ate a salad at Palmer's Deli yesterday and had them check their dressings. As far as the label goes, the No-Fat Italian also had carbs within the limit--just watch your toppings. No croutons, roll, or Nieman Marcus cookie either! 

1 comment: